10 Minute Craft Dash #1

Hello and welcome to the very first 10 Minute Craft Dash!

I am so thrilled to have you here and I hope that you’ll be able to join us for this fun {and quick} challenge. My good friend, Ginny and I come up with a concept that we are really excited about and haven’t seen {in our blog circle} thus far. The challenge? Coming up with a crafty project within 10 minutes.

I know that I struggle with creating projects quickly {I’m a slow crafter}, so this actually IS a challenge for me. While some may find this to be easy, I know quite a few of us will struggle with this short amount of time. That’s the beauty of a CHALLENGE, right?

We will be doing this challenge twice a month (on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month) and boy, do we have some fun color palettes planned! Since it may take a little while to get used to crafting on a time restraint, our first challenge is a “free for all”, so you can use any colors your heart desires!

Here is what I created for this challenge. One layer is the way to go for quick & easy cards!

Time it took to create: 7 minutes 27 seconds

And here is what Ginny came up with. How gorgeous is this?!

Time it took to create: 10 minutes

To kick start this first challenge, I am thrilled to have some very special names joining us. These are some of the sweetest, most talented ladies on blog land. Be sure to visit each of their blogs to see their stunning 10 Minute Card Dash creations.

Amy Tsuruta

Chari Moss

Dana Seymour

Daniela Dobson

Danielle Walls

Elena Roussaki

Kelly Marie Alvarez

Laurie Willison

Suzanne Dahlberg

Since this is our first challenge, I wanted to be sure we had a prize. I have up for grabs a great sampling of twine for the winner of this challenge.

How to Play

1) Create a card/craft project within 10 minutes

2) Post the time it took to create

You can pull out your supplies before your timer starts!
  • Post the challenge graphic in your post, link to the challenge
  • You may combine a total of three challenges with your entry. You may enter the challenge a maximum of two times.
  • Challenge ends August 25, 2012 at 11:59pm, PST.

Comments

1. says

Great idea for a challenge – will give it a go but I’m more of a tortoise than a hare when it comes to crafting so not sure I can do anything in under 10 minutes!

• says

If I’m being honest, I’m actually a super slow crafter too! This was definitely a challenge for me, but I was super surprised with how much I accomplished in such a short time. I can’t wait to see what you make! :)

2. says

OOHHH. MY. GOODNESS! This just blows me away…how creative of the two of you! And wow, what a challenge!! 10 minutes…eekkk! I’m going to rise to this challenge…hopefully, lol!

Both of your 10 minute projects are fab, can’t wait to go visit the other gals :)

3. says

thanks for inviting me to play along – it was definitely a challenge, lol! I love what everyone was able to create in just 10 minutes!

4. says

I saw your challenge on Amy’s blog this morning! What a unique idea for a challenge (those are hard to come by in blogland what with all the challenge blog out there!) Kudos to you & Ginni for coming up with it! Hope to get to it this morning!

5. says

nuts! 10mins? i took 2 hrs on Monday to make a card; i dont know where my head is… but after watching those 100m and 200m events in the Olympics, anything is possible! i do love your cards and i think it’s a fabby idea (also new concept to me) great way to think outside of the box, Paulina! i’ll be sure to give it a try…

6. says

Thanks for having me play along Paulina! It was fun and challenging (because I’m typically slow) And it was probably the perfect thing to kick start some creativity after the long in depth project I recently finished. :)

7. says

What a fun idea and what a fantastic group of ladies you had playing along today! Not sure if I’ll be brave enough to try this but I’ll sure enjoy looking at everyone’s creations!

• says

Oh, we hope that you do join us! It was definitely a stretch for me to create something on a timer, but it was fun too! Hoping to see your name come up on the links. :)

8. says

Congrats Paulina and Ginny! Thank you SOOO much for inviting me to be a part of this. It was sooo fun (all my jokes aside)! Hee hee! Your card is amazing, Ginny!

• says

Suzanne, you are a doll. Thank you SOOO much for playing being such an amazing special guest designer! So glad you were able to help kick off this challenge with us!

9. says

Doing a CAS in 5min. Amazing to me as well. It works because, I had already had the circles cut, just fold the paper, add the washi tape and done. Thanks for your sweet visit and luv. hugs.

10. says

What a fantastic fun idea for a challenge! And a challenge it was! I’m already looking forward to the next one. Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to play along!