Today I have a MRI scheduled, so I’d appreciate prayers, happy thoughts, etc…. out of everything so far, this is the thing that scares me the most. I’m hoping it turns out “normal”, but then again, if it does, we’re onto more tests and such. I was hoping that almost three weeks in I’d have a few more answers… definitely learning patience in all of this.
Two weeks ago, while I was laying with a heat pack on my neck, I came up with this little list of things I’ve learned recently. It’s rather humorous (well, I think it is)- hopefully you can get a laugh out of it.
- There’s a channel dedicated to game shows. Family Feud may have been watched for three consecutive hours a few days in a row.
- There are still good people out there. So thankful those who found me were caring and nice!
- Heat and ice packs don’t get the credit they deserve. Lifesavers for sure.
- Popsicles make you forget your pain for approximately 4 minutes.
- Even after eating pizza 6 days in a row, I still wasn’t sick of it.
- Holding your neck up takes quite a bit of energy and muscle.
- There is no such thing as too many naps.
- Getting an EKG done reminds me of getting a car battery jumped.
- There are some good looking paramedics out there. Just putting that out there.
- Doctor visits sometimes bring more frustration than answers.
- You can have the best nurse and doctor in the world, but it still isn’t fun to see them.
- My sense of humor has not diminished….if anything, it’s gotten worse.
- My OCD stays intact even when I’m in pain. I may have seen things on the floor and pulled out the vacuum. It took all my energy, but it was bothering me to no end.
- Your true friends are made known during difficult times.
Yes, this was completely random. I guess that’s a little glimpse into my personality. My real life friends know I can be super random sometimes. Occasionally they’ll just laugh when I bring up an off-the-wall thought or comment.
Question: what is something you’ve learned recently? I can’t wait to read your lists! Thanks for sticking with me in this post. I promise, the next one won’t be so random!